Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnification Agreement.
This is a standard legal document for outdoor workshops that affects your legal rights. Please read it before signing up.
- Activity and Associated Risks: I have chosen to participate in an outdoor recreational activity (hereinafter referred to as “the Activity”) with Kyle Pearce of Animist Ecology (hereinafter referred to as “KPAE”). I understand that: KPAE makes NO WARRANTIES, PROMISES, or GUARANTEES that the Activity is safe for my family or myself. Hiking is an inherently dangerous activity. While hiking I may be exposed to dangers and hazards, including but not limited to: falling rocks, inclement weather, hostile or aggressive wildlife, falls, fractures, concussions, negligence of others, etc.
- Assumption of the Risk: I voluntarily, knowingly, and expressly assume the above-mentioned risks as well as other risks not listed that are part of the activity, and any harm, injury or loss that may occur to me or my property as a result in my participation in the Activity or during any transportation to or from the Activity—including any injury or loss caused by the negligence of KPAE, his employees, agents, and officers, his contractors, and other Activity participants.
- Release of Liability: I hereby RELEASE KPAE, his heirs, agents, attorneys, employees, assigns, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, contractors, equipment providers, landowners, municipal or governmental providers of use permits, and their respective employees, officers, and directors (“the Released Parties) FROM ALL LIABILITIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS that arise in any way from any injury, death, loss or harm that occur to me or to any other person or to any property during the Activity or in any way related to the Activity, including during transportation to or from the Activity. This RELEASE includes claims for the negligence of the Released Parties and claims for strict liability for abnormally dangerous activities. This RELEASE does not extend to claims excluded from being waived by law. I also agree NOT TO SUE or make a claim against the Released Parties for death, injury, loss, harm, or property damage or destruction which occur during the Activity or are related in any way to the Activity.
- Social media policy: Photos taken at this event from participants and the guide may be shared on social media or used in promotional videos for Animist Ecology. If you wish not to be photographed you must state at the beginning of the event your intentions to be excluded from group photos.
- Indemnification Hold Harmless and Defend: I promise to INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND the Released Parties (defined in Section 3) against any and all claims to which Section 3 of this agreement applies, including claims for their own negligence. I also promise to INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND the Released Parties against any and all claims for my own negligence, and any other claim arising from my conduct during the Activity. In accordance with these promises, I will reimburse the Released Parties for any damages, reasonable settlements and defence costs, including attorney fees that they incur because of any such claims made against them. I agree that in the event of my death or disability, the terms of this agreement, including the indemnification obligation in this Section, will be binding on my estate, and my personal representative, executor, administrator or guardian will be obligated to respect and enforce them.
I have fully informed myself of the contents of this agreement by reading it before signing up for this event. No oral representations, statements or other inducements to sign this release have been made apart from what is contained in this document. I understand this is a contract that affects my legal rights and I sign up of my own free will.