Build habits and daily rituals that expand your awareness and build your ecological knowledge.
Our experiential learning program is designed to guide you through the process of developing your ecological knowledge and the confidence you need to teach and share eco-mindfulness anywhere.
The learning curriculum has grown out of doing educational nature retreats and forest ecology workshop experience for the last 4 years through Animist Ecology.
Follow our step-by-step habit formation frameworks to reverse the negative effects of sedentary living and strengthen nature connection in your life, family, and community.
Our belief is the forest is the classroom of the future and our mission is to train a new generation of nature connected teachers and leaders.
Follow our experiential learning modules anywhere on your smartphone or tablet to build new habits and learn your local ecology.
Watch step-by-step videos that guide you though the process of designing new habits and rituals that stick.
Get a mentor and accountability partner through our online community to keep you accountable.
Get your questions answered with online support through email and Messenger chat.
Complete habit design assessments that follow proven frameworks for growing new habits.
Use your smartphone as a learning tool and citizen science platform to explore your local ecosystem.
Watch our regular webinars where we explore deeper into topics chosen by the community and seasonal changes.
Kyle Pearce is from Vancouver, British Columbia and he has been designing and leading experiential learning adventures through Animist Ecology since 2015.
He studied ancient and modern history at the University of Victoria and has spent the last decade traveling the world studying ancient civilizations, regeneratiecology and meditation practices.
For the last 7 years, he has run an online learning website called DIY Genius helping people educate themselves using the Internet and design their own education.
Our focus is on experiential learning at your own pace. Build new habits and develop ecological knowledge by learning through all of your senses.
To transform your mind, body and spirit you must focus religiously on daily habits and rituals.
Habit design is the science of how to build habits that stick and it’s essential for helping your students get long-term results.
Establish the keystone habits that transform lives: meditation, exercise, nutrition, deep sleep and nature connection.
1. Citizen Scientist and DIY Naturalist Training
2. Wild Nutrition: The Seasonal Rhytmn of Edible Plants and Medicinal Herbs
3. Plant Sentience: Exploring Natural Intelligence In The Plant Kingdom
4. Winter Survivor Plants and Early Spring Foraging
5. The Natural History of Trees and Plant Life
6. How To Use Plant-Based Nutrition To Heal The Gut Microbiome
7. How To Identify The Common Native Trees of North America
8. Rewilding Your Community: How To Host Tree Planting Events
9. The Tree of Life: Mythical Trees In World Mythology
1. The Quadrivium: Training Your Senses Through Awe and Wonder
2. Why Study Fractals? The Fundamental Pattern of Life
3. Sacred Numbers: Exploring The Hidden Dimensions of Sentience and Consciousness
4. Sacred Geometry: Decoding The Secret Patterns of Nature
5. Sacred Astronomy: Exploring The Magic Of The Night Sky
6. Sacred Music: The Immersive Flow Of Waves, Vibration and Frequencies
1. Why A Daily Meditation Meditation Practice Is So Important For Life
2. How To Build A Meditation Habit That Sticks
3. Consciousness Hacking: Normal Waking, Flow States and The Dream State
4. How To Learn Mindfulness Meditation
5. How To Learn Vedic Breathwork Practices From Pranayama
6. Walking Meditation and Sensory Immersion Triggers
7. Developing A Forest Meditation Ritual
1. The Simple 2-Part Foundational Practice Of Qi Gong
2. Earthing: Applying The Science of Grounding In Your Life
3. Optimal Health Through Walking 10,000 Steps A Day
4. Quantified Self: Smart Watches, Wearable EEG Headsets and Heart Rate Variability Training
5. Flow Zone: Workout Anywhere With High Intensity Interal Training
6. Ergonomics: How To Stop Killing Your Neck And Power Back With Bad Laptops and Smartphone Posture
7. Adventure Sports: How To Use Gamification To Achieve Flow In Nature
1. Permaculture: A Regenerative Ecology Learning Guide
2. Food Forests: A Regenerative Ecology Learning Guide
3. Tree Planting: A Regenerative Ecology Learning Guide
4. Sustainable Living: How To Simplify Your Life And Free Yourself From Time Poverty
5. The Living Universe: A Holistic View of Consciousness and Interbeing
6. Reconciliation: Understanding The Western Mindset vs The Indigenous Mindset
7. 500 Nations: Studying The Untold Indigenous Stories of New World
We regularly add new educational webinars. Here are some of our recent webinars added to our online webinar library.
If you're invested in learning ecology and teaching it in your community then we will connect you with the people, knowledge and resources you need to thrive.
We are huge believers in not doing things alone but in relationship with other like-minded people.
That's what a tribe is, a community based around shared values, driven by a mission, and motivated by an inspiring vision of the future that can be built together.
We make the effort to match every participant in our online program with an accountability partner so you have someone else in the program to hold you accountable to building habits that stick and hosting your first nature workshop experiences in the forest.
Our experiential learning modules and habit formation frameworks are designed to help you build the knowledge and expertise you need to confidently teach outside by developing great stories and dynamic eco-mindfulness practices you can share with your community.
If you're committed to learning and sharing ecological knowledge with your community, we are here to support you along your journey.
Whether you want to teach this knowledge in your community or just share within your family, you will have support through email and chat along your experiential learning journey.
Join our learning community and commit yourself to developing the mindful habits and ecological knowledge you need to thrive in challenging times.
ONE TIME PURCHASE (USD)
Get started with our training for Medicinal Mushrooms and Mushroom Ecology:
10 Most Powerful Medicinal Mushrooms For Improving Human Health and Vitality
Action Guides For Growing Mushrooms Indoors and Outdoors
Mushroom Identification Guides For Each Season
Helpful Support Through Email and Chat
PER YEAR (USD)
Habit Design Frameworks For Building Keystone Habits
Plant Intelligence For Better Health and Sustainability
Eco-Mindfulness Training and Meditation Techniques
Embodied Movement For Better Health and Resilience
Building a Regenerative Culture In Your Community
Helpful Support Through Email and Chat